Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Snow woes.

Today:

I overslept 40 minutes.
Snow was JUST starting to fall as I left the house.
Was stuck on 123 for about an hour and a half.
After witnessing 4-5 car accidents & ice swervings directly in front of my car, I thought "Fuck this, I'll Write For Artists some other time" and decided to go home.
Pulled a u-ie and headed home.
Two minutes from home, on Hillendale, car started to swerve towards a parked car.
Successfully managed to avoid hitting said car.
Was just congratulating myself on such a close call when another car hit me.
Information exchange with the parked car owner and the car-hitter.
911 is called. They say "sorry, too many accidents, we're not coming."
Car-hitter's car was then hit by another car. Badly.
911 is called two-three more times. They send a firetruck.
Firetruck eventually rolls by and deems the collision as unimportant. Doled out some forms. Lit a flare.
Policeman comes. More information exchange, fingers numb at this point.
Home now.
I am fine. No injuries all around.
Will crawl back in bed and pretend nothing happened.

2 comments:

  1. OMG! I'm glad you're ok. It makes you feel safe when our emergency system responds so well to a plea for help (can you detect the sarcasm?) But again, glad you're home and safe and warm. Wish I was home under a pile of blankets. Mmmm....soft warm blankets.

    ReplyDelete
  2. awwww no! I'm glad you're safe and sound though :) ya I decided to just work from home today I didn't feel like dealing with the mess left over from the ice storm and such..

    this is EXACTLY why I hate the winter, I'm just waiting for spring/summer

    ReplyDelete