Thursday, April 9, 2009

Unsatisfied

It seems to me that the more I get older and start discussing work with others, I find how unsatisfied people are with their jobs, especially in the graphic design world. Is our profession becoming obsolete? It seems that anyone can make a website and create illustrations using available software. According to many of my customers, they are designers too, even though they never studied art, like color theory, composition, etc.

Sigh. I'm right there with Thrib and Jen. I can't even get a break into the "real" graphic design world, and quite frankly I'm not sure I want to anymore. Making designs for t-shirts is not exactly challenging or rewarding. My work environment isn't exactly the greatest. I feel like I'm just here to do one's bidding and then disappear into the shadows while someone else takes credit for my work.

I am thankful to have a job, but it's not my dream job. Does such a thing really exist?
Perhaps we should band together and start revolution. I too have been on the hunt for another job, but it seems that you have to be able to do bend over backwards and do a double twist before they will even look at your resume.

Sigh. My final note is for everyone to just hang in there. Even it's by a thread.

No comments:

Post a Comment