Thursday, April 9, 2009

find your bliss

I think the motto for this week is, find your bliss. So many of us live for the weekend, for good reason, we don't take joy in what we do Monday-Friday. If I could, I'd have my own business creating websites, corporate looks, and displays for nonprofit organizations. I want my designs to go to a good cause, not just to get the company to make a few more bucks which goes into a higher-up's pockets.

I don't believe our line of work is obsolete; there are just a bunch of hacks out there, which drives me nuts. They wouldn't know good design if it peed in their coffee. Yes, we should all be thankful we have jobs in this economy. But in the meantime, find your bliss. Figure out where you want to be, focus on it, and one day you'll get there.

No comments:

Post a Comment